[TowerTalk] Failed Limit Switches on Crank-up Tower

John Phillipp John Phillipp" <jphillip@primenet.com
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 20:43:00 -0700

The lower limit switch failed on my HDX555 tower... actually the arm which
the tower contacts to activate the switch is held by a set screw, which
loosened, and the switch was not activated as I lowered the tower down.

The tower continued down as far as it could mechanically go.

I raised the tower by hand... I turned the pulley at the motor until the
tower was back at its normal height. Then I straightened and re-tightened
the activator arm.

Finally, I reset the circuit breaker on the 110 V line I have dedicated to
the tower motor, which had blown when the tower hit bottom.

That was about a year ago, and it has been working fine ever since. I raise
and lower the tower once or twice a day, since my city building permit
requires that the tower be "retracted when not in use", and I have a
neighbor who complains when it is left up all the time.

73 all,

John  N6ZAE