[TowerTalk] A "better" ground.

mike dunlap mdunlap@pressenter.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 14:22:05 -0700

Hello All!

My grounding question is one of utilizing a  water well cap/ pipe that  is
sunk into the ground 285' for our home water or to just use the traditional
8' rods at each end of the tower .

My only concern about using the well cap as a ground would be that of
damaging the motor that is down inside the well pipe  if a "hit" were taken
thus NO water for the house.  However since the tower is only 7-10' from
the well cap anyway and if  a "hit" were to take place using the
"traditional" grounding would it really matter.....for the well motor that is?

Any and all ideas, comments and suggestions are very welcome!  The entire
project, tower and all will be erected next spring.

Please note that here in WI we live up on a hill and the soil is very dry
and there is much rock and clay below the first 2-3' of soil.

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your replies!!

'73 from Mike in Hudson, WI!
K0NWA
mdunlap@pressenter.com