[TowerTalk] What type of nonconductive guys do you use?

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 23:27:01 EDT

In a message dated 99-09-02 22:28:20 EDT, RLVZ@aol.com writes:

> I have a light-duty application that requires non-conductive guys for 6
>  months.  I don't want to spend the big money on phillystran for 6 months.
>  know there are various materials used.  What have you used successfully
>  besides philly?

      For a TRUE light-duty application, I'd use any kind of rope that was
1/4 inch or more bigger. Doesn't matter what kind since it won't be out in
the sun long enough (unless you're in the mountains of New Mexico or
Colorado, etc.) to suffer any fatal UV damage. Polypropelene or trucker's
line or anything cheap.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC