[TowerTalk] Wilson crankup towers info request

Robert Hummel rhummel@cheshire.net
Fri, 03 Sep 1999 11:43:12 -0400

>Anyone have a manual for the Wilson rotatable towers.
>I need to know how LONG a mast can be.
>How far can you insert a mast?

I have the manual for my Wilson ST-77B. Nowhere in the manual does it tell
you how far into the top section you can insert a mast. The top section on
this tower is simply a tube with a cap on the bottom end with a drain hole.
All pulleys/cables are outside this tube. So, if your tower is similar, you
should have no problem nesting the mast to the full extent of the first
section.

In my installation, I have a 24-foot piece of moly inserted 10 feet (14
feet exposed) with no problems.