[TowerTalk] Electrical conductivity of crankups for shunt feeding

Bob Thacker k3gt@pgh.net
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 09:10:19 -0400

Hi John. I have successfully fed a crank up at its lowest position for many
years. I chose to resonate it at its lowest position so I could operate when
the winds start howling at -20 F. None of the sections are mechanically
bonded other that the wire cable touching the pulleys. There has to be a
degree of resistance associated with this that will produce loss. Never
wanted to add anything additional that could get caught when it was raised
or lowered since everything is done remotely and completely out of sight. It
really depends on how particular you want to be and if you'll sacrifice
'some' performance for simplicity.  I can work anything and has been a real
performer.

73,
Bob, K3GT