[TowerTalk] T2X and shim stock question

WA9ALS - John jfleming@shelbynet.net
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 19:38:28 -0500

The T2X manual states that the rotator geometry is such that a 2.062"
mast will be centered in the mount.  They state that if my mast is less
than this, subtract the difference, divide by 2, and use the appropriate
shim stock.

My steel mast is 1.92".  This gives a difference of 0.142", indicating
the need of a 0.071" shim.  This is consistent with their examples, and
they don't say anything about wrapping more than once.  Like most of the
other things I've needed for this project, I've never bought shim stock
before!  I just perused the McMaster-Carr web site, and the largest I
see there is 0.031'.  Is it a no-no to divide the difference by 4
instead of 2 and wrap twice??  Tnx!
WA9ALS - John  jfleming@shelbynet.net
Tower Project (photos & guestbook)
http://www.shelbynet.net/~jfleming/towerproject.htm