[TowerTalk] Crank up Towers

Sheridon Street g3vfu@hotmail.com
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 10:21:37 GMT

Hello,

Subject: Crank up Towers

My name is Don, current call HS0/G3VFU ex A92BE and A45XU.  I have just
retired to Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand. I am sure that the subject of
home made towers, is old hat, and discussed many times before, but need I
need construction plans (blue prints) of an 80 to 100 foot high crank up,
tilt over, self supporting tower.

I plan to put on top a two element 40-meter Cushcraft 40-2CD antenna and
three element Cushcraft tribander A4S, possible hang a couple of dipoles for
80-meter and 160-meters.

Raw material of all kinds and welding facilities are abundant in this area.
It's simply not economical to have a tower imported due to shipping and
customs duty costs. The nearest seaport is Bangkok 900 Klm South of here
imagine the expense of transporting.

I have in the long distant past tried to purchase plans from tower
manufactures but was refused on grounds that I would go into business.  Does
anyone know where I can obtain a set of detailed professional or amateur
construction plans?

73's