[TowerTalk] coax and phasing

dan hearn dhearn@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 22:30:37 -0700

RG8X is OK for the individual phasing lines. Each handles 1/2 of your
power output. Do you plan to switch directivity 90 deg. by connecting
the verticals either in phhase or 180 deg out of phase? Its easy to do
as shown in the ARRL ant book. When the two feed lines are connected
together, the termination on your feed line to the xmtr will be lower
than 50 ohms. Some circuits for changing directivity use an L matching
network at the paralleling point to get 50 ohm feed Z. 73, Dan, N5AR