[TowerTalk] XM-240 Dimension Error

Scott Detloff K8DX ni8l@raex.com
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:07:04 -0400

>Cushcraft very
>quickly responded that the drawing is in error and that the element half
length
>is derived from the beginning of section "EH" to the element tip.  Hats off
>Cushcraft for their quick response.  Certainly nice to see that some
companies
>still believe in the concept of Customer Service.

Gary,

Too bad that you also got caught in the XM-240 manual debacle.   I believe
that
the "correct quick responce" would be to correct the manuals and not keep
adding to
the confusion.  This is a well known problem that has persisted for over a
year.
Luckily just before putting mine up, WE9V ran into the same problem, and had
his
own dimensions that he shared here on TT, saving alot of us all time and
headaches.

73...Scott K8DX