[TowerTalk] Tower Height question

KIRK LAWRENCE kirklaw@flint.umich.edu
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 19:07:30 -0400

Hello,
	I need some practical experience from some of you guys who
have "been there."  I currently have a Mosley TA-34 XL tribander on
a 30 ft. tower.  I am considering buying a new crank-up.  The main
question is, is there a major difference from the 50ft. level to the 70
ft. level.  The price difference between the 50 and 70 is enough to
make me question it (realizing that 70ft. models generally come
with motors, postive pull down, etc.).  But my question really lies in
"is it worth the $ and effort to get the largest tower in height that I
can afford?"  I generally will work 20 and 40 meters with this set-
up.
	Thanks in advance for any input fellas.

				Kirk   AB8BC