[TowerTalk] CC D40 on 30. Try 1

alsopb alsopb@gloryroad.net
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 11:32:01 +0000

Guys,

First shot on converting the CC D40 40 Meter
rotary dipole to 30 M seems to indicate success.

I just took some aluminium wire and shorted out
the traps by using stainless steel ring clamps on
either side of the traps.

Next I legthened the elements 3" on either side by
extending the last section to maximum.

The capacity hats were left in place.

At a height of 12' the following SWR curve was
obtained.

Freq	SWR
10.000	1.5
10.050	1.4
10.100	1.25
10.150	1.1
10.200	1.0

I expect the resonant frequency to move up as the
antenna is raised.
My solution will be to just add a few inches of
tails (via cable clamps) with some aluminium wire
as required.  I suppose one could get the required
extra length by other means.

Let you know the final results when I get back my
rotor and raise the antenna to full height.

73 de Brian/K3KO