[TowerTalk] Non Resonante Guy Wire Length Summary

W4nf@aol.com W4nf@aol.com
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:49:07 EDT

Thanks for the input guys (nice pun).  Based on the fact that I will be
operating on 20/15/10 the majority of the time I have selected the following
lengths for my guy wires.

Top Guy at 70' (92' long): 4' - 27' - 27' - 27' - 7'

Middle Guy at 46' (76' long): 4' - 27' - 27' - 18'

Bottom Guy at 23' (64' long): 4' - 60' (I decided to leave the bottom guy
like this because I think it will be far enough away from the antennas so it
won't matter.  I am going to use the short 4' piece of guy wire to isolate
the tower from the guy cables as I understand that this is the proper method
if I was going to shunt feed the tower.

The antenna configuration will be as follows:

C3E at 87'
40-2CD at 76' (one foot above tower top)
Both rotating on a chrome molly mast.
Second C3E sidemounted towards Europe at 59' (when I can afford it)

This will place the bottom C3E between the 46' and 70' guy wire connections
on the tower.  If I win the lottery I'll mount a third C3E at 31' also toward
Europe.  I just placed my order with Texas Towers for the 502 insulators and
the required guy grips to break up the guys as decribed above.  It was
costly.  They said 6 - 7 working days so they should be here in time for me
to get the guys all prepared by Oct 2nd which is when the rest of the tower
is going up.  Thanks for all your help.  73, Jack W4NF