Finding the manufacture (was Re: [TowerTalk] Regarding Stuf)

Rick Mainhart mainhart@juno.com
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:31:54 -0700

Tom,

Here's a resource to help you and others trying to identify material, any
related safety issues, and it's manufacturer.

Request a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) from the retailer of the
product you are interested in. The MSDS will list the manufacturer,
hazards inherent to the product, general product description and disposal
information. Note that one finds an MSDS most often by a trade name
rather than the chemical or generic name.

You may also try a net search with just the product name and MSDS in
quotes as follows: "gunk MSDS" where gunk is the name of the material of
interest.

Oh, don't forget to search the archives here before chasing after a
net-wide power search. Lots of items come up again (and again (and again
(and again))). For entertainment, I recommend an archive search on
"finding true north", or "cling free". [Sorry gang, I just couldn't
resist]

73,

Rick, WB3EXR