[TowerTalk] Tower maintenance record

Bill Heinzinger w9ol@dataflo.net
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 05:43:30 -0500

At 09:00 CDT. (reason for late start was ending rain) I took my TA53M with
the 40 meter add-on of the tower. Also removed vhf gp which was above that.
Removed the dipoles hanging from tower.
Lowered the tower, Wilson 65' rotatable/telescopic, to horizontal.
Removed both cables. Replace sheaves and cables.
Removed old 8' mast.
Spotwelded where original rivets which held the guide bar in place had
loosened.
Painted entire tower by brush with Cold-Galv.
Inserted 24' chrome moly mast with only 4 feet sticking out of tower.
Returned tower to vertical.
Replaced antennas with new mounting hardware.
Built a gin pole type contraption to lift mast/antennas up out of nested top
section to 14' above the tower.
Raised tower to 65' above ground overall. This is the height I feel
comfortable
with.
Finish time, 17:40 CST.

Less than 12 hours should qualify as a world record or something.

Tomorrow I have to put ALL the tools away. That may take longer than the
maintenance.

If all the veins in your body were laid end-to-end, you'd be dead.
Bill

homepage at
http://www.dataflo.net/~w9ol