[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain 205CA Frequemcy Settings

Chuck Sudds csudds@probe.net
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 08:58:04 -0500

At 08:22 AM 9/26/1999 -0500, Terry A. Cox wrote:

Hi Terry!

	When I put up my 205CA last November, I had the same question. When I
picked up my antenna from the (then) Lincoln, Nebraska factory, I asked
about this and was told not to worry about it.  I took their word for it
and just used the "Low Phone Settings" and my results were great! SWR at
14.000 is 1.5:1  - at 14.100 it's 1.4:1 - at 14.2 it's 1.3:1 and only rises
to 1.45:1 at 14.350.  My 205CA is mounted at 91ft above very flat terrain,
on Rohn 45G.  Good luck!

Chuck  KØTVD

>I  have seen (on this reflector) frequency settings for the Hy-Gain
>155CA that gave a compromise (low SSB setting) between the CW and SSB
>settings recommended by Hy-Gain.  I wonder if someone has info regarding
>settings for the 205CA that are similar?  Logically, you would think
>halving the distance between the two listed settings would provide a
>shift in frequency coverage to between the frequencies listed.  Hy-Gain
>has a disclaimed against using other settings, but I would like a lower
>SSB coverage on the 205CA than they indicate.
>
>I wonder if someone has actually modeled or used settings other than
>those recommended by Hy-Gain?  I have searched the TT archives to no
>avail so far and thought someone here might be able to help me.
>Thanks,
>Terry A. Cox - KB4KA - Collierville, TN

Chuck Sudds  KØTVD
Missouri Valley Iowa (Harrison County) U.S.A.
	Heartland DX Association - http://ns1.qsl.net/hdxa/

http://www.probe.net/~csudds

http://www.probe.net/~beakers