[TowerTalk] Tennadyne T-6

DavidC b4e@earthlink.net
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 23:08:14 -0400

> Hi Again Gang,
>   Considering one other antenna and would like to hear pros and cons on
the
> Tennadyne T-6. Its attractively priced and has good specs for bandwidth
and
> SWR, being a log periodic. Am a bit skeptical of the gain claim of 5.1 dbd
> but perhaps that is close to plausible.
>   Comments from owners appreciated. Hearsay also. Thanks guys, 73 Roy
> Lincxoln WA4DOU

You might also have a look at KMA antennas:
http://www.qsl.net/w4kma/hf.htm  they claim better
specs ... though their price and specs compete with
the T-8 rather than the T-6.

I am wondering why a log-periodic at all?  Don't the C3
and C3S provide equal Ham band coverage?  (Yes you
need a tuner for 12 & 17, but we all have one of those,
don't we?)  C3 & C3S gain specs are substantially better than
the logs ... the only apparent advantage of the logs is superior
non-Ham band resonance from 13-30 MHz ... and I suppose
tuner-free operation, but is the loss of gain worth it?

Just a few thoughts ... I'm shopping for a used C3 or C3S
myself!  Call me frugal ... poor would be more accurate!

73, DavidC  K1YP