[TowerTalk] best antennas at low height above ground

Jonathan Kaplan jonk@jskent.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:18:38 -0700

At 10:51 PM 9/28/99 -0400, James Clark wrote:

>Jim Clark   KB0FIR/5   pugluvers@worldnet.att.net
>
>OK thanks for the tower help, folks, here's the next question.
>
>Awaiting the city to give me a height for my building permit for the tower.
> Will be 35-55 feet.  If I have to stay this low, what's your experience
>with the best DX antennas?

I'm puzzled by this statement. You shouldn' t be waiting for the city to give
you a suitable height. You should give them the height. According the FCC
ruling PRB-1, local authority can not limit the height of an amateur radio
antenna.
And further, I believe Texas has recently incorporated this doctrine into
its own law.
Bottom line, the city is required to OK any height you need. So choose what
antenna
you want, not what you think you can get away with.

73 and Good Luck,

Jonathan KO6XS