[TowerTalk] Sidemount yagis

Tommy Tow WD4K@Bellsouth.Net
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:03:51 -0500

I would appreciate some opinions on sidemounting rotating gate type mounts
for large yagis on Rohn 25. Conditions: Tower is 74', guyed at 64', 3 sets,
Top two are Philly and bottom is 1/4EHS at abt 32', just under where the
gate will be mounted. Want to mount a C31XR at this level, 85lbs. Other
option is a long mast with ground mounted rotor with tower standoffs. Any
advice from anyone with any experience with KT34's, C31's or similar yagis
would be VERY welcome!  Replies to me directly are probably best and I will
be happy to summarize to anyone interested.  Thanks to the group, 73, Tommy
WD4K