[TowerTalk] Insulating tower

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:26:26 EDT

In a message dated 04/03/2000 6:13:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
majrabsr@rconnect.com writes:

> I want to build a 4-square array for 160M. Already have 4ea 60-ft Rohn =
>  20 towers and 4ea R/S 19-ft telesoping masts, which will be attached to =
>  the towers for 75-ft total height.
>
>  Now the problem: How can I insulate the towers from ground?

       W0UN recommends getting some Delrin (sp? It's a special plastic) rod
and turning it so that it'll slip into the leg tapered tops. Drill them for
bolts, install everything and load 'em up. Delrin is supposedly pretty strong
so there's no problem with what you're proposing. (I'm going from memory but
I'm think I'm pretty close with the details.)

Cheers,   Steve      K7LXC
Tower Tech