[TowerTalk] Tower Insulators-Additional

Major Ron Major Ron" <majrabsr@rconnect.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:10:17 -0000

Thanks guys,

I should probably add some information. My reasons for wanting to insulate
the tower bases was to add an inductor to electrically lengthen the height
of the radiators, as well as provide a match. This  would be attached
between ground and tower base, so DC ground would be maintained.

I just had an antenna hit by lightning, so that is important consideration.

Also plan on using top section of guys as capacity hat, finishing the guying
with Phillystran or equivalent.

I know the important thing is to make all the radiators alike. An extensive
ground system (at least 60 radials per tower) is in the works.

Thanks,
Ron, KA9ALC