[TowerTalk] Sidemount yagis

Earl Dery Earl_Dery@mindlink.bc.ca
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 14:58:13 -0700

I have to agree with Chad, that is what I do with my side mounts here is
"Home" them against the tower when I am not using them. The sidemounts here
look to about 300 degrees roughly from 270 back through North to East South
to about 220. Worst case scenario would be with the antenna's looking East,
the sidemount is on the South leg of the Tower.

I think one might look at the load as an extra section of tower when homed
as the antenna would be about equa-distance on either side of the tower.
Certainly when hung out on one side as in my case when pointing East this
would present a totally different load on the tower which is why I built my
"swinging gate" on a frame around the tower to help equalize the load into
the whole section and not just one side.

73 Earl VE7IN