[TowerTalk] Bencher Skyhawk

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:25:50 EDT

In a message dated 04/06/2000 8:18:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
aelstien@wwa.com writes:

> I am interested in purchasing a Bencher Skyhawk 3X10 and wonder if anyone
>  has experience with this antenna.
>
>  How is the performance? Do you think it can stand the snow, winds, and ice
>  we have in Chicago? How were the installation directions? Was it easy to
>  install? How is the gain? What is the SWR? Etc.

      The definitive and non-anecdotal answers to your questions are
contained in the tribander comparison report authored by me and Ward, N0AX.
We tested about a dozen tribanders on-the-air including the Bencher Skyhawk
and the report is approximately 80 pages of protocol, data sets and
summaries. It's available at http://www.championradio.com for seventeen
bucks. The Skyhawk turned in a very good performance.

Cheers,   Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products