[TowerTalk] Tri-ex Tower Base

Dave Earnest k7jj@pacbell.net
Fri, 07 Apr 2000 12:26:50 -0700

I picked up a Tri-ex 3-section, 51 foot crank up tower (I think it is a
W-51). The bottom section is 16.5 inches on a side. There are flat
plates about 6 inches long welded to each leg. They have 2 holes in each
plate. The paper work I got is apparently from a different series,  as
the specs call for a triangular hinged base plate, similar to what U. S.
Tower supplies. Some gurus say I need the concrete base that has the
matching flat plates welded on to a 3 foot long rebar form. A Tri-ex
dealer quoted $280.00 for the concrete base apparatus. I only paid $150
for the tower!

Has anyone an idea of how I should proceed? Anyone been in this
situation?

Thanks,

Dave K7JJ
k7jj@arrl.net