[TowerTalk] Re: Solar Storm Propagation -- Preferred Antenna Designs to Compensate

DavidC DavidC" <eDoc@netzero.net
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 18:28:58 -0400

>       URRRR! While Tad's propagation forecasts are interesting, they don't
> have anything to do with towers or HF antenna construction topics.
>
> Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
> Tower Tech

Sorry, my fault for asking too broad of a question.  Let's try this.

As we design our antenna systems, which antenna types will be more
helpful during solar storm and other noise-generating propagation events?

I will guess that such antennas may be less than optimum during "normal"
propagation but may have some value at times other than those mentioned
in this immediate context.

I am going to guess that some loops may be high on such a list but stand
ready to be corrected!

- Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP in Hudson, FL

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World