Fw: [TowerTalk] ARLP014 - Solar Storm Propagation

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 19:56:31 EDT

In a message dated 04/07/2000 3:47:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dx@sparkster.com writes:

> > Sez you!  Query was here .. but, heck ... what does propagation have to do
>  > with tower height and/or aerials?  Arrrggghhhhh...There are a lot of
>  people
>  > on this reflector that do not get the prop info the way you and I do ...
>  > and, because of the size/significance of this storm, I deemed it of
enough
>  > interest to pass along.   Go build a tower.  Don't be telling  me what to
>  > do, when it fits the format!  Phooey.

Hi, Mark --

      First of all I take back what I said about thanking you for posting
this privately. Since you decided to put it on TowerTalk, I'll take the
occasion to post my reply.

      For what's its worth, I was the one that started TowerTalk about 4
years ago and have remained a primary guide/resource/answerer ever since. My
professional tower experience extends back over ten years in both commercial
and amateur work. I feel that my contribution is extensive and I also feel
that I can help guide the topics (which I rarely do anymore - this being a
rare occasion).

     There are some things that the reflector is and some things that it
isn't. Its focus has been and always will be towers and HF antenna
construction. Sure, we all use antennas to tickle the ether but that's not
what TowerTalk is about. For those tower and HF antenna construction
discussions, TowerTalk remains a singular and valuable resource and I'll
continue to contribute and influence it. My thanks to everyone else who
subscribes - whether you're contributing or just lurking.

     Tnx to David C. for re-stating his question.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech