[TowerTalk] Solar Storm Propagation

wa4dou@juno.com wa4dou@juno.com
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 23:31:23 -0400

Hi Steve and Gang,
  I for one, agree with Steve and support his position that this
reflector is about
towers and antennas. I have subscribed to other reflectors that were
dedicated
to a particular topic, and were eat up with all kinds of other stuff, to
the tune sometimes,
in excess of 100 messages a day. Most of the communications was off topic
and trifling,
to me, and i finally unsubscribed. I like towertalk, primarily because it
has generally
been a well mannered, well disciplined, on topic reflector. I hope it
will remain so.
  The way it seems to work is that the topic grows larger in this manner.
Towers
support antennas. Antennas work to "propagate" signals. Now, propagation
becomes
on topic in the minds of some. Antennas become part of the station via a
feedline.
Now the station is a related topic. Before you know it, nothing is off
topic. The prerverted
logic of it is akin to the perverted logic in Washington that no longer
obeys or is even
controlled by the U.S. Constitution.
  Thanks Steve.

  73 Roy Lincoln WA4DOU
>       For what's its worth, I was the one that started TowerTalk
> about 4
> years ago and have remained a primary guide/resource/answerer ever
> since. My
> professional tower experience extends back over ten years in both
> commercial
> and amateur work. I feel that my contribution is extensive and I
> also feel
> that I can help guide the topics (which I rarely do anymore - this
> being a
> rare occasion).
>
>      There are some things that the reflector is and some things
> that it
> isn't. Its focus has been and always will be towers and HF antenna
> construction. Sure, we all use antennas to tickle the ether but
> that's not
> what TowerTalk is about. For those tower and HF antenna construction
>
> discussions, TowerTalk remains a singular and valuable resource and
> I'll
> continue to contribute and influence it. My thanks to everyone else
> who
> subscribes - whether you're contributing or just lurking.
>
>      Tnx to David C. for re-stating his question.
>
> Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
> Tower Tech

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.