[TowerTalk] How can this be?

sparks sparks@cptnet.com
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 08:59:38 -0600

Just wanted to share a novel ANTENNA experience
-  I recently bought a 2 el 20m RAI beam - this is
monoband yagi on 7 foot boom!  I have temporarily
installed it at 18 ft above ground in a tiny tight river
valley in New Mexico.  The nearby hills are above the
yagi.  It uses a novel phasing delay design - both elements
see power.   Anyway at 100w output  I have been "running'
Europe on 20m - with 3 to 6 callers often responding.

I have been pounding cw for over 40 years -
I have operated at some of the biggest contest stations -
Worked DXCC on 4 bands each in a weekend -
and I have to say I am very impressed with these RAI beams
made by Chuck Smith WA7RAI down in Phoenix.

I know that everyone is 599 some where some time !!
but despite this -  I am very impressed with this 16 pound
yagi -      I have no commercial interest in RAI beam of any kind

Josh N7XM