[TowerTalk] TH6DXX Refurb

n4kg@juno.com n4kg@juno.com
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 21:08:17 -0600

I recommend that you disassemble every trap, tighten all
the coil screws, tighten the trap cover screws, and replace
all the trap end covers.  They used to be avialable from HyGain.
I hope they are still available through MFJ.  Be sure to tape
the new end covers to prevent UV deterioration.

You may want to use emery cloth to clean the trap cover
connections.  If you are really ambitious, clean every
tubing joint with either Scotchbrite pads or emery cloth
and use Penetrox or equivalent.

Check with HyGain or MFJ to get the latest dimensions.

73 / GL,  Tom  N4KG

# # # # # # # # # # # #

On Sun, 02 Apr 2000 12:14:18 -0600 Rod Greene <w7zrc@micron.net> writes:

> I'm rebuilding an older TH6DXX and would be interested in
> any updates in terms of dimensions or reinforcements. I
> will set it to optimize for the CW bands.  Will be on a 50'
> tower.  Any tips or hints on the rebuild would be appreciated
> too.
>
> Rod
> Rod Greene W7ZRC  ><>
>

> --