[TowerTalk] Beam Spacing

Robert T Wood rtwood@gte.net
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:46:51 -0400

Would appreciate any advice.  I am planning on putting up a tower at my QTH.
This will be my first tower.  I have been following the reflector for a
while and also looked at archives and FAQ's.  I understand that if I put up
two beams such as a A4S tri-bander and a A3WS for the WARC I should position
them 90 Degrees apart to minimize interaction, etc.  What about vertical
spacing.  I know we live in real worlds and mast lengths are finite.
Usually 10' or less.  Is there a "rule of thumb" or formula? Tnx for any
feedback.
Bob Wood - WB2QKX
rtwood@gte.net