[TowerTalk] PST51 at top of 72' Trylon

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 00:05:19 EDT

In a message dated 04/17/2000 7:09:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
brunet@us.ibm.com writes:

> Anyone installed a Big Boy PST 51 at the top of a 72' Trylon tower?  Can it
>  be done without cutting the tower?

      The top of #5 section is 18 inches. What are the dimensions of the BB?
I think you'll still have to remove a diagonal because when you align the BB
inline with the mast, there is a big hunka something (motor most likely) that
still sticks out far enough to require the diagonal removal.

       You don't have to cut anything - just remove the diagonal by the nuts
and bolts that hold it on.

>  Also, searching the archives I didn't see any service and reliability info.
>  Is it still too early to have a history?

      WAY too early. Any feedback out there yet?

Cheers,    Steve    K7LXC
Tower Tech