[TowerTalk] Nicopress sleeves

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:40:30 EDT

Greetings, TowerTalkians --

      Chet Pierson (don't have his call) researched the Niccopress swages and
sent me the following info:

>> Here is what I found so far on sleeves:

1) The strength of the sleeve is not an issue. They are designed to
     exceed the ultimate load of the cable size they are designed to fit,
     if applied properly, and gauged after each crimp. (the mfg. suggest
     a pull test if there is any question)

2) The different sleeve metals are for compatability with different cable
     base metal.
     Plain uncoated Steel=Aluminum or Copper
     Galvanized=Zinc Plated Copper
     Stainless Steel=Tin Plated Copper

So, for long life, with my Galvanized cable, I need Zinc Plated copper
sleeves. (properly crimped, of course)

Also, I drilled the holes in my tower base, and I'm ready to epoxy
the B7 threaded rod into the slab!!! >>

       Nicopress swages are a good, albeit one-time, guy termination that
look clean and are easy to put on.

Cheers,   Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech