[TowerTalk] GAS604 screw anchor...

Tower2sell@aol.com Tower2sell@aol.com
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:41:21 EDT

The anchor capacity contains a facor of safety and 3/8" guy wire is ultimate beaking strength. The normal facor of safety is 2. The GAS604 is similar to the AB Chance 604 Anchor. Anchors are rated on structural steel capacity not soil capacity. You need to design the anchor for the soil you are going to put them in. Personnally I prefer to load test them to the design load or 50% of their ultimate capacity. This will also cut down on the anchor creep.

Tower2sell@aol.com