[TowerTalk] Scaled Antenna

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 22:20:25 -0400

> Thanks for your comments. I'm fairly new to 160  and you pointed out
> things that I certainly HAD NOT considered. I guess that means that most
> of my effort on the scaling has been exercise!

Well, it's pretty tough to scale things correctly.

The original Quad data came from scaled antennas, and it turns
out that data had scaling errors that made the quads look better
than they actually were.

We are all in the same boat. We can scale and model all we want,
but until we actually build and measure the actual antenna we can
never be sure how it will really play.

The only thing any of our antennas have to do is make us happy,
no matter how they really work. Anyway, have fun.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com