[TowerTalk] Urgently wanted Force 12 C3 or C4

Larry Alkoff Larry Alkoff" <labradley@mindspring.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 06:18:42 -0600

Mike a "gate" is a device that goes in the middle of the tower to allow beams to be rotated
approximately 300 degrees.  It consists of a rotator and short mast mounted about a foot from
the tower, and the beams are mounted on arms that are just long enough to allow the beam
to swing around the tower legs.  It's a pretty neat solution.  Usually, the dead spot (the 60 degrees
you can't use) is located to point roughly south.  My gate was made by Custom Metalworks - the
principal is Paul Nyland K7PN who also installed my tower and does similiar work for hams around the country.