[TowerTalk] Homebrew loading coils

dan hearn dhearn@ix.netcom.com
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 10:08:17 -0700

Mark: If I understand your setup there, the same vertical is used on
both 40 and 80. If it is 1/8 wavelength on 40, it is only 1/16
wavelength on 80 so a great deal more inductance will be needed. The
inductance of your coil will be proportional to the square of the number
of turns (twice as many turns will be 4 times as much inductance). I
would not use vinyl electrical tape on the coil. It is very lossy in a
strong r.f. field. I have seen it melt when used around r.f. coils. GL
and 73, Dan, N5AR