[TowerTalk] Coaxial cable

DMartin560@aol.com DMartin560@aol.com
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 17:17:49 EDT

Hi Sebastien,
I my opinion the FSJ Superflex line is not "superflexable" enough for a rotor
loop.  I would use a good quality RG8 size cable.  LMR400 comes in a
superflex version.  Also, FSJ connectors aren't as easy to install as those
for LDF4 line.
73,
Dwayne KG4ADM

<< Hello,

 Thanks for your answers about the LDF4 coaxial cable.

 It appears that the solution is to use the LDF4-50A until the rotor and then
 to use a more flexible cable.
 I have planned to use the FSJ4 which have nearly the same characteristics
 than the LDF4-50A but which is the "superflexible" version.

 But what about this cable after many turns ? Can any problems occur ?

 Should I forcast to make the loop with a connector at each end (then I could
 change it easily) ?
 In this case, I would use the LD4 until the rotor, then connectors to the
 rotator loop and then connectors to the last part of the cable going to the
 antennas.

 Thanks,

 73 de F8CMF, Sebastien