[TowerTalk] Any experiences with Force 12 MAG 240N?

Sébastien Bajulaz sbajulaz@hotmail.com
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 11:45:24 +0200

Jim,

I bought about 2 months ago a C31XR and a MAG240N. I mounted the C31XR
without any problem but I have to say that I am quite disappointed with the
40M beam MAG240N. I noticed the following problems with this antenna :

- the parasitic jumper is one (1) centimetre too short ! (and copper is not
elastic…)
- the difference between the stud axes on the same element is about 45° !
(I mean that when one side of the element has the stud horizontally mounted,
the stud which is on the other side of the boom on the same element makes a
difference of 45° with the other one.)
I have a picture…(can be requested by email)
- one of the element cannot be mount perpendicular to the boom, and this,
whatever you can try to correct it ! , and it is not a tiny difference
- the lexan parts (used to maintain the linear loading) are drilled without
any care !

All those problems have been solved by myself without having any help or
support from F12.

Moreover, I asked many times Natan questions (dimensions of severals parts
not written in the manual), but I haven't received any answer back for one
month and a half.

You can understand that I'm not able to tell you how this antenna
works......

Regards,

F8CMF, Sébastien

sbajulaz@hotmail.com