[TowerTalk] 4b. Stacking 2-el quads

L. B. Cebik cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 20:22:05 -0400 (EDT)

I have made runs for the .174 wl spaced spider model to add to the planar
KC6T model and placed the results at the site as item 4b on the quad
modeling sub-index for those interested in comparing first order
approximations.  Remember that these are just 2 of many possible quad
designs and only 1 of each type.  So any conclusions must be quite
tentative.

Larger designs require more time per run--about a 2:1 time ratio between a
3 and 2 element quad and a 4:1 time ratio if I go to 4 elements while
adhering to good modeling practices so that the models reflect
reality.  Hence, it may be a while before anything appears on bigger
types.

The earlier note brought me several requests.  I hope folks remember that
while I am happy to see the interest and to receive new ideas, production
is on a time-available basis.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    Tel: (865) 938-6335
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---    http://www.cebik.com
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /    e-mail: cebik@utk.edu
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||     e-mail: w4rnl@arrl.org