[TowerTalk] 1st Call

Ken Barber kbarber@monmouth.com
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 01:28:30 -0400

Dick,
  In your recent message you said:

> "My latest (the 5th promised date) is that it will be shipped on August
> 22nd.  But there is not a lot I can do about it.  I think it is unreasonable
> to shoot the messenger."

Here is why I disagree:  lets say the tower manufacturer can make 5 towers a
week.  It would be reasonable for the messenger to tell the first 5 guys they
would get their towers in a week.  The next 5 guys would get their towers in 2
weeks, the 3rd group in 3 weeks etc....  It is most unreasonable to tell 100 or
200 guys that they will get their towers in 2-4 weeks when the messenger KNOWS
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE.  The messenger provides no value added by giving out many
delivery dates which the messenger knows cannot be met.  The customer would get
the same service (and cheaper) by buying the tower direct from the factory and
save the messenger's (FIRST CALL) commission.  Messengers who know the
manufacturing facts and give out false delivery dates to customers just to
string them along, are of NO VALUE ADDED.

73,
Ken W2DTC