[TowerTalk] Antenna Side Mounting Ubolts

W4nf@aol.com W4nf@aol.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:54:22 EDT

I just purchased a second F12 C3E and I will be side mounting it on my Rohn
25G tower (fixed on Europe) 28' below the top (rotating C3E).  The C3E came
with the boom to mast clamp and U bolts to accommodate a 2" mast.  I was
wondering how most people are side mounting their fixed beams to the tower.
I oriented the tower when I poured the concrete so that two of the towers
legs lined up to point towards EU at roughly 45 degrees.  Do people use
smaller u bolts with saddles to fit the Rohn legs diameter, or is mounting a
piece of angle to the tower face a good idea and then using hose clamps to
secure the boom in the angle?  Comments would be appreciated.  Thanks and 73,
Jack W4NF
I'm also looking for a cheap but still good WX0B stackmatch.