[TowerTalk] KT34XA Pre-Raising Checkout?

Kurszewski Chad-WCK005 Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:54:43 -0500

> Are there any checks I can do (other than the obvious length
> measurements) to confirm that things are tuned for the desired
> band segments?
>
> For example, if a MFJ-259 is connected while the antenna is sitting
> 2-feet off the ground, will it show any resonances that can be
> interpreted? (I'm waiting for the balun, so can't check it experimentally
> yet).

Actually, a very effective method for any yagi with
decent F/B is to point the antenna straight up, with
the reflector on the ground.  If possible, raise the
whole antenna so the reflector is a couple feet off
the ground.  The key is straight up.  Then check the
SWR.  It will be VERY close to the SWR when installed.
Works great!!

Chad  WE9V