[TowerTalk] K8UR wire 4-SQR characteristics vs 1/4 vertical array design from N0AH

Steve Maki steve@oakcom.com
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 14:34:42 -0400

Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> wrote:

RE: half wave vertical dipole array

>Modeling shows no need for radials, and good directivity extends all the
>way from 3.5 to 3.85 mHz.  Advantages are simplicity and no dumped power at
>all, though you do have to homebrew the switchbox.

There is a section in ON4UN's book about the need for an extensive
ground system with half-wave verticals, contrary to "popular myth".

I assume he is talking of base-fed half waves, but wonder why center
fed half waves would be immune from this requirement?

--
Steve K8LX