[TowerTalk] K8UR wire 4-SQR characteristics vs 1/4 vertical array design from N0AH

Ken Hirschberg calav@flash.net
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 13:16:46 -0700

Steve, and all -
They are not immune, and they, too, must have their near-field protected from
lossy earth with a ground screen.  Without the screen, they may not be dumping
much into the dummy load, but they would be dumping plenty into heating up the
soil!  Exceptions: when the dipoles are high enough so that the near-field is
not disturbed, or when they are over a conductor, e.g. salt water.
73, Ken  K6HPX