[TowerTalk] Gin Poles

Robin E. Midgett rmidgett@bellsouth.net
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 21:53:32 -0500

Greetings,
I think the WB0W kit is the best on the market. The clamping mechanism is
robust & versatile; it will fit 25G - 55G tower legs, perhaps larger. The
use of aluminum handles on stainless bolts with acorn nuts for the closing
latch mechanism is very well done. The mast is very strong, but it is 1/4"
wall, not 1/2". The pulley head is sturdy & removable, but I believe it
would be better if it were made from aluminum to conserve weight.

At 06:16 PM 8/9/00 -0400, KI7WX@aol.com wrote:

>Looking at buying a pole for use on 25G and 55G tower.
>
>Narrowed down to either the WB0W or Antenna Mart units. The WB0W pole is
>more in line with the "typical" Rohn pole by way of attachment to the
>tower leg, and it uses a robust 1/2" wall 2" OD 6061-T6 tube.  The Antenna
>Mart is a bit more radical in attaching to the tower section cross bracing
>and using a two piece pipe with a coupler for the pole (see it on thier
>web page if curious).
>
>I've only used Rohn poles and would ask if anyone in TT-land has
>experience with these other poles and would care to comment on them plus
>and minus.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Mark
>KI7WX/4
>
>--

Robin E. Midgett KB4IDC EM66se
1/2 of the Award Winning NT4L Rover Team
http://www.almostanywhere.com/vhf/vhf.html