[TowerTalk] What was that tool?

Kurt Andress K7NV@contesting.com
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 08:17:29 -0700

w0hh wrote:

> I was wondering if this is a hand tool or a drill bit?
> Is there a recommended hole size? Thanks for any info.
> 73, Tom W0HH

It is a hand tool with a T handle and the object of the hole
modification is really not to enlarge the hole but to remove the
oxidized nickel plating that is preventing the solder from properly
attaching. Recommended size? ~ .001 inch larger than the existing hole.
As stated in a previous discussion, this is not a problem with
connectors sealed in plastic bags, just nickel plated ones that have
been exposed to the atmosphere for quite some time.

--
73, Kurt, K7NV