[TowerTalk] POWER METERS for measuring 4 sqr dumped load

Tom Rauch W8JI@contesting.com
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 09:09:49 -0400

> You might consider the Radio Shack power meter. It has a digital read out
> for power and or SWR and uses a remote coaxial sensor module. They are
> pretty inexpensive. I have been using two of the Catalog # 21-527 units
> for several years.
>
> Bruce  AA4Z

Ameritron makes a pretty good meter with removable sensor. It is
300W/ 3 kW and has a peak storage system in it. It might be a
little expensive for this application.

I don't use a dump resistor, I use matched delay lines and direct
parallel connections. I have 120/240 degree shift and all elements
have exactly the same current (within metering limits). I use bow-
tie elements, 15 feet across at the top.

The total bandwidth on 160 meters is about 150 kHz with 20 dB or
more F/B. 2:1 SWR bandwidth is wider than that.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com