[TowerTalk] quad

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 19:36:25 EDT

In a message dated 8/14/2000 7:23:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
w8ji@contesting.com writes:

>  That is why it is proper to consider a quad element two stacked 1/4
>  wl long end-loaded dipoles, when predicting pattern. You cannot do
>  that with a bent dipole.

OK, how then we consider diamond shaped full wave quad loop fed in the
corner. Seems that using the same philosophy two stacked Inverted and
non-inverted Vees should behave like half wave Veed dipoles.

I am still waiting for explanation of how do we consider imperfect earth
(with penetration by RF signals) , where is the reflection taking place?

Yuri