[TowerTalk] 4-Square Configurations

K3BU@aol.com K3BU@aol.com
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 19:25:23 EDT

> It depends by the coupling, but the difference is generally big (a lot of
>  dbs) because when a signal is radiated becomes an electromagnetical field.
>  Opposite to a transmission line or very tightly inductively coupled
circuits
>  (were nearly all the energy is confined), only a small part of the radiated
>  energy is picked up by a receiving antenna that crosses the field.
>  If there was no difference between lines and electromagnetical waves we
>  could easily transfer big amounts of energy without wires, what unluckyly
is
>  not so easy to obtain.
>
>  73,
>  Mauri I4JMY

So it didn't happen, I was imagining it. Also S5 that was there and warned
them about it, was dreaming.
What is your explanation for the mushy and distorted signal, when their TX
was producing clean signal and amplifiers were linear?

I am glad that there is "scientific" explanation for everything. :-)

I think we are seeing too many "scientific" types basing their knowledge on
the software or whatever theories learned from the books, rather than getting
their hands dirty and learning and discovering by experience.
Usually, first there are discoveries, often by accidents and then
"scientists" move in with their explanations, theories and Ph.D. thesis,
"forgetting" getting credit where it is due.

Yuri
Tesla RC