[TowerTalk] Dipole Array Feedpoint question

k4sqr@juno.com k4sqr@juno.com
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:53:00 -0400

Randy;

Either RF beads over the 1/4 wave lines OR W2DU balun are a must to
prevent RF from flowing on the shield of the 1/4 wave phasing lines. IF
RF is allowed to flow, F/B pattern suffers greatly. When th earticle was
published in 1989, no reference was given for distance out from the
support. This also affects F/b performance, and why many gave up. We
publish the distances for 40-80-160 at our site, and the Comtek 22 page
Instruction Manual provides proper dimensions for all bands.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000 07:05:40 -0400 "The Lakes" <rlake@monad.net> writes:

> Curious what everyone is using on their dipole array at the
> feedpoint.....Ferrite beads ? W2DU balun? Other variations ? Nothing
> ? Is there really a need ?
> Thanks......
> Randy N1KWF

73,