[TowerTalk] Tower odds and ends for sale

Ed-W4EP ed@privette.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 19:06:04 +0100

I'm cleaning house and have several items one of you guys might like to buy
before I dump it on Ebay.

A commercial thrust bearing. This is the biggest I've ever seen. It was
supporting a rotary 80m dipole. It was ID'd by one of the group as:

"That is a commercial bearing made by Fafner and appears to be of the
self-centering type, however, the centering collar (ring) is not shown in
your photo.  The centering ring provided a means of distributing the weight
of the mast and antennas to the top of the tower (assuming the bearing was
mounted on the top plate of the tower, such as a Rohn HDX series) and
relieved the rotor of any downward weight.  To the best of my knowledge,
none were offered by any tower company (at least in ham circles).  I
purchased two of these in STL in the 70's from a local bearing distributer
for around $150 each."

$90 + shipping    I DO have the ring referred to.

A photo of the unit is at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=931735&a=7487780&p=25497223

Second item is a boom to mast bracket, about 14x24" all heliarc welded with
a cradle for a six inch boom. (This was the boom to mast bracket for the
80m dipole)

$50 + shipping

73, Ed W4EP